Keilir Aviation Academy is accepting applications for the role of an ATPL course administrator to start in May or June 2018.
To support the Chief Theoretical Knowledge Instructor (CTKI), assist the theoretical instructors and administrative personnel with the daily operation by:
- Monitor attendance, progress test results and course activities to early identify if any student struggle and propose a corrective plan.
- Work with continued improvement of the academy and the ATPL department.
- Help with various tasks to ensure a smooth and pleasant learning experience for the students.
- Instruct ATPL subjects. Either a full subject or as a supplementary instructor when needed.
Who we are looking for
The job as an ATPL Course administrator at Keilir Aviation Academy is a highly dynamic and interactive position. Therefore, we are looking for a person who is:
- Social and like to interact with both staff and students on a professional and personal level.
- Interested in developing procedures and improve the training experience.
- Willing to stay for at least one year, preferably longer.
- Genuinely interested in flight training.
- A person with an eye for details and enjoy keeping track of many different values/results.
- Passed all the EASA ATPL theoretical knowledge exams.
- The right to live and work in Iceland.
- Fluent in English both verbally and written.
- Very good communication skills and team spirit.
- Holder of a valid EASA flight instructor rating.
- Experience of teaching.
- Experience within administration and management.
- Good computer knowledge, especially with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Hold a valid driver license.
Keilir Aviation Academy is young and vibrant flight school with the main vision to deliver quality training to future captains with new teaching techniques and modern aircraft from Diamond. The school was founded in 2007 with five aircraft and a vision to modernize and improve flight training in Europe. A little bit more than ten years have passed, and we still believe in the same philosophy but now with a total of 14 aircraft and two simulators.
The theoretical training office offer an open working environment with ambitious and friendly colleagues. Together we guide a total of a maximum 125 (100 ATPL) students through the theoretical training. Please send CV, cover letter and other documentation you find relevant to Jonathan Hölling, Chief Theoretical Knowledge Instructor at Keilir Aviation Academy.